Oh, happy day! One more week closer to the first trimester being over! The weeks feel like they’re just flying by. I need to make a huge to-do list of things to get done and work on because every time baby girl goes down for a nap, I feel like it’s my nap time too. It doesn’t even matter if I’m tired or not — I take the time to relax. I could be a bit more productive.
I am feeling very, very happy and good. Sometimes very emotional and reactive. I feel like my logic flew out the window and my emotions have completely taken over my body. I cry at the silliest things. We went to see Despicable Me 2 this week and I was crying at a part that wasn’t even really sad or sappy…but I could not help it!
Let’s get to the list!
- How Far Along: 9 Weeks (according to the doctor’s measurement) / 10 Weeks according to my last cycle
- Total Weight Gain: Zero gain. I feel like I’ve gained weight. I feel like I look like I’ve gained weight, but the scale says I haven’t. I’m starting to feel like an uncomfortable blob in my clothes.
- Maternity Clothes: Well, today D and I went to Kohl’s and Old Navy. I purchased a pair of maternity shorts (they had almost completely sold out of them, so I went ahead and grabbed a pair while they were 50% off). At Old Navy, I purchased a maxi skirt that I think I’ll be able to wear for a long while, but it’s not a maternity skirt. Other than that, nothing else so far.
- Stretch Marks: Negative.
- Sleep: I wake up three to four times a night to go to the bathroom. It’s pretty obnoxious, but I know it’s part of the job right now. I’m strongly considering purchasing a pregnancy pillow. I sleep with four pillows right now and can never arrange them just right. I don’t know whether to get the Snoogle or the Boppy pillow. (Does anyone have advice?)
- Best Moment Last Week: I told another good friend of mine about my pregnancy over dinner on Tuesday night. She and I were eating with a third friend who is weeks away from delivering her baby. It was the best night getting advice and hearing their stories and what they went through. It has been an extreme joy to tell our friends and family in person as we see them or feel comfortable telling them. We’ll still do a Facebook post, too, but face-to-face definitely feels so much more personal and exciting!
- Miss Anything: My patience. I feel tired and worn down so often that sometimes I need to take a step back and not get frustrated when baby girl does something that babies do — throwing her food over her tray or screaming because she’s in pain over her teeth. I cried in the shower this week because I felt so overwhelmed.
- Movement: Nuh-uh.
- Food Cravings: Well, I’m currently snacking on popcorn, something I’ve never really cared to have much in the past.
- Food Aversions: Not so much aversions as my taste just seems very plain. I want everything pretty flavorless. I saw scrambled eggs this morning that weren’t completely cooked (they still looked a little runny) and I couldn’t look at them.
- Gender: Don’t know yet. Debating right now whether or not we want to find out.
- Labor Signs: HA.
- Symptoms: My symptoms seem so, so mild right now. I am tired, yes, but still stay up late at night. My boobs don’t hurt anymore. I have mild cramping every once in a while. I do get dizzy pretty easily and feel weak if I don’t eat frequently enough. I have had headaches more often lately so I’m trying to up my water intake even more just in case that’s from dehydration. (But I’ve read that can also be from increased blood flow, which also can cause the dizziness.) I go to the bathroom all the time. Oh! And good news — I’m not really having diarrhea issues anymore.
- Belly Button In or Out: In.
- Wedding Rings On or Off: On.
- Happy or Moody Most of the Time: I’m happy and I’m moody. My emotions are a see-saw.
- Looking Forward To: Our next appointment on July 29th. Taking family pictures this Sunday with baby girl. (Whether or not she becomes a permanent member of our family, we want to document and remember this time of our lives.)
I think I’m going to start working on that to-do list of things to get accomplished so I can stay accountable. Maybe I’ll publish them on here so it will be even more of a responsibility.